Archive of April 2014
Faucet Features to Consider
Posted by Alanah on April 26 at 04:45 AM
The finish is not the only thing you should consider when finding the right kitchen faucets, their functionality must also be looked into. From all different styles to look into, you should begin with evaluating their handles, sprayer and spout.
Handles You can either go with single handle units or double handle faucets. The latter offers handles intended to deliver cold and hot water. Unlike the former, double-handle units will let you control the temperature of the water manually.
However, modern single-handle units can do the same through the use of a single lever that you can move 180 degrees.
Sprayer Types Newer models of kitchen faucets have integrated sprayers. They are commonly known as pull-out sprayer. The pull-out sprayer allows you to easily clean veggies and dishes. Some newer units have a pause button found at the faucet’s head. Kitchen faucets with a pull-down sprayer are also available. These, too, may have a pause button. As the term suggests, this type of faucet’s sprayer can be pulled down from the head into the sink offering more space and improving its usability.
Spouts Kitchen faucets may have long spouts or shorter ones. The options are not limited when it comes to the spout. The only things to keep in mind is that you should go for spouts that a) look good in your kitchen and 😎 prove to be the best kitchen faucet to use.
Regardless of the type of spout you will be purchasing, you must opt for a kitchen faucet with a spout that reaches as close to the sink’s center as possible. For average-sized sinks, this means the spout must be at least 7.5 inches but not more than 10 inches. If you have larger sinks, you can add 4 to 5 inches.
More information: Kraus
Klimaire KSIM012-H220 – A Great Mini Split Air Conditioner For All Purposes
Posted by Alanah on April 06 at 09:40 AM
Thanks to improved technology and dropping prices, air conditioner or AC is no longer a luxury. In fact in many corners of the world, it is almost impossible to live comfortably without installing an AC in the house. With the introduction of mini split ACs, things are even easier now as these devices consume less energy and provide intelligent cooling.
In case you do not know what mini split ACs are, these are like regular split ACs but smaller in size. There are two distinctive parts, a compressor unit that is installed outdoors and a cooling unit that is placed inside the room. The cooling unit can effectively manage the temperature of the room with thermostatic control.
Klimaire KSIM012-H220 – A Perfect Choice:
Although there are many brands and models in the market, the Klimaire KSIM012-H220 has made a name for itself by being a solid energy saver and extremely efficient mini split air conditioner. Some of the features of this AC are:
- The DC inverter not only helps in cutting down the energy consumption, but also monitors the temperature of the room and adjusts the cooling accordingly.
- The remote control is able to send signals to the outdoor compressor too hence the flow of cool air is at your fingertips. This system eliminates guesswork from the whole operation improving efficiency and decreasing power consumption.
- This AC self cleans! It is able to clean the inner parts with condensate water when the fan is running at lower speeds. Thus it greatly decreases the maintenance efforts on your part.
- Apart from cooling the air, the KSIM012-H220 also releases ion particles to remove dust, dirt and germs from the air. The built-in carbon filter takes care of bad odors, chemicals and gasses rendering the air inside the room perfect to inhale.
This AC cannot operate smoothly below the temperature of 5° Farenheit but otherwise, it is a perfect choice for every household. Priced decently, if you are looking for a quality powerful AC that does not burn a hole in your pocket with electricity bills, this is the one.
More information at Air Reflect split AC reviews
Why to Use Induction Cooktops
Posted by Alanah on April 06 at 08:30 AM
Although induction cooktops have immensely increased in popularity over the last few years, gas ovens still rule a large part of the market. In case you are torn between the two and are wondering whether you should buy an induction cooktop or not, take a look at the following points.
- Induction cooktops are safe. The only area heated up while cooking is the area where you place the utensils.
- They cook very fast as compared to traditional ovens. If you are a busy person, you should go for induction cooktops.
- Most of the induction cooktops are portable. You can place them anywhere in the house where there is a power outlet and start cooking. You do not get this sort of flexibility with gas ovens.
- They are getting cheaper by the day.
Well if you were wondering whether induction cooktops were really worth all the hype, now you know the pros. These reviews will surely help you choose the best one for your kitchen.